THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Pastor Judah Cheah was the speaker for today, our last service for 2007. His sermon was short, meaningful and added in some humor too! He spoke about reflecting the year 2007, about our walk with God. And he used 'clay' as an example.

I used to be clay but now I'm different. When I was a clay, my master had to roll me and press me to the desired shape. And I shouted "Master, it's painful! what are you doing?!dont press me!" The master said 'No, not yet'

And then when I got my breath back again, my master spun me and mould me to enhance the shape. And again I shouted "Oh!Master what are you doing?Don't spin me!I'm feeling dizzy!" My master replied "No, not yet"

After that, when I stood back again, thought about relaxing. Then my master took me and burned me in the fire. "Master, NOOO!Are you trying to kill me?!Don't burn me!" My master again said "No, not yet"

Then when I got out from the chamber, my master looked at me and said "Well, aren't you beautiful now?"

This is like our walk with God. He, the master had to build us up from clay. He pressed and rolled to become what you are now. He spun you to soften you, He burned you so that you would not crack and that you can be stronger. God put us through trials and tribulations in life to mould us to strenghten us. He put us through various experiences to go to greater heights in life with God. I looked back and I realised how much He has helped me to grow through so many things in life. The things I've been through has been a blessing to me, that I've become what He has made me.That He has brought me closer to Him.

Pastor Judah Cheah ended with Jeremiah 29: 11 "I know the plans I have for you" declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future"

God knows what best and know what's good - which is like the story of the clay, He kept saying "no, not yet" Because He is fulfilling His plan upon us. He mould us in that way. I know my future is secure in His hands.

1 comments:

david santos said...

I wish you a good end of 2007 and a good year of 2008.