THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Throughout my 1 year of being a temporary staff for PIKOM continuosly, I realised working life has definitely changed me. There are of course, pros and cons. Sometimes I wish I could be the person I was back then. I became more emotional, haha as more responsibilities sunk in, things get emotional sometimes. I tend to think about my future at all times. Questions arised, such as "where is this going to lead me?" "will what i do now take me to where i want to go?"

It's so easy to get discouraged and my moods are like roller-coaster. I never thought about working permanently for a company as I just fear of my time being tied. Probably I have given it a thought at times but it never did work out. I felt at loss and also regret that I did not put effort earlier to do what I really want to do. It took quite
some time to find out what I really wanted. It's like I should have straight venture into my industry earlier rather than spent a year in PIKOM.

However, thinking back, its really not such a bad thing after all. I got to know a industry that's totally opposite of what I studied. I've met wonderful people there, which is probably one of the reasons I did not leave the company. Haha yes may
be some people would not understand, but the teamwork and friendship I saw there are just amazing. I absolutely adore my boss, I've learn a lot from her, she's my inspiration and gives me the drive to work better and live better! :D

Now, I've chosen a path that gives me the freedom to manage my own time. I know, I know I had bad time management - but I've improved through my college years and my time in PIKOM. Ahem, laziness is an issue as well. Oops. Now, it's just the beginning. Like the war has just started! The race has just begun! I joined a business that d
oes weight management and skincare. It's fun and challenging. And it thought me more about the real world too. Haha! I'm also trying to build my own garment business, hopefully to make my products first and able to design and sell.

I would say I didn't have proper training in pattern drafting back in college. Pattern drafting is a step before you actually sew the garment. As I'm from the pioneer batch, I didn't have proper foundation. Only in my last two years, I've impro
ved a lot in design and pattern drafting, thanks to my lecturer Ms.Sheila. She has tremendous experience in pattern drafting and design, she was in UK for 10 years! When you have more exposure, especially being in the fashion capitals in the world like New York and Paris, you will improve a lot in your designs. Your imagination goes beyond!

A sample of what pattern drafting is. If you think this is complicated, it gets more complicated!
I have a complete pattern drafting book, its good so now I'm using it as a reference to make my designs. It's like starting from A B C again. I want to make my foundation stronger. It's going to be really hard but I love what I do and I will go for it. Well, with no business, marketing or probably sufficient experience in fashion world, I will DO it! As I go by, I know I will learn. Learning is forever.

Time goes by so fast its scary sometimes. I better catch time before it catches me. Haha! There's another thing I want to share here. Last two weeks we shared about doubt in TSF. And that's something I struggled most of the time and to many people too, I believe. I would like to post a verse here thats so encouraging to me.

Mark 11 : 22-25

"Have faith in God" , Jesus answered. I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, "Go, throw yourself into the sea", and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins"

Haha, seems my post this time a lot of things to share. Maybe I never really express last time. Haha! GO GO GO! "Faith with actions, no doubt, no fear, more patience, do it!" :D oh be more forgiving! :D


0 comments: