THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Daddy...

It had been raining heavily the whole night.I couldn’t sleep so I got down from bed and looked out the window. I was shocked, I saw my dad standing in the rain!I immediately ran to tell my mom who was sleeping in the room.’’Mum,wake up!Dad is outside there!’’Then, we both went out to the house compound and dragged Dad into the hall.”What do you think you’re doing? You will catch a cold!” I heard my mom’s voice as I went to the bathroom to take a towel for Dad to dry himself. There was silence as I hand the towel to Dad.
After that, he went upstairs without saying anything, left mom in tears. I understood how mom felt at this time. Dad was having depressions lately and he would do other crazy things like locking himself in the toilet for one whole day .My mom and me were worried sick, thinking he might commit suicide.I confronted my mom “It’s okay,mom,Dad will get better” I too was in tears, the thought of losing my dad saddens me a lot.How would I not be?I loved my dad so much.
The next day,I didn’t go to school because I knew Mom couldn’t take care of Dad alone.I helped to do the household chores and went to see my Dad.Mom was cooking in the kitchen.Slowly,I walked towards Dad and spoke softly “Dad,can you please stop behaving like this?Mom couldn’t take it anymore” He turned to me,I saw his pale face and sudden;y he shouted at me “Okay!I can just die and you’ll be happy!”
He stormed out of the room.
I was much surprised with the words.Die?How could he say that?Tears began streaming down my cheeks.He used to be so loving and caring.Ever since he had some failures in bussines,he changed completely.He even had to take depression pills but it didn’t worked out fine.I was about to take a nap when I heard screams from downstairs.I quickly ran down,my heart beating fast,wondering if something awful had happened.I was right,Dad drank the washing liquid and fainted.My mom was wailing and crying.
Fortunately,our neighbour was in and helped to take my dad to the hospital.He had to be given special treatment and the doctor said that my dad would have to stay in the hospital until he recover from mental depression.It would be dangerous to keep him at home as he might try to kill himself again.The nurses promised to take good care of him.We went home to pack some clothes for dad.
But,of course,we couldn’t stop worrying so we stayed overnight at the hospital.For the first few days,my dad was slightly better and he started talking to us.He behaved nice and good,I was happy with the recovery.Finally,all would be over.The doctor gave permission to let us take Dad for a walk around the compund.
When we were out,happily,my Dad ran out to the roads and was hit by a car!We rushed to Dad and a passer-by called the doctor.Luckily,he only suffered minor injuries.I was dissapointed,I thought he had recovered.Dad was quiet all night and Mom,of course,crying.She even scolded Dad but it seemed useless.He didn’t bothered to listen. I could do nothing but to stay silent and just watched.
After a few days,my mom insisted taking Dad back home so that we could spend more time with him.The doctor agreed as he said support from family members might be able to help him.But,he would have to come back once a week for check-up.Back home,he did nothing,sitting there and I hope he would stay this way.I sighed,it’s weird to think that I had to keep all knives,scissors,any sharp objects or just anything that would be dangerous!Some of my relatives came,even my grandmother.She,too tried to advised her own son,my father.My dad listened patiently but I don’t know what he was thinking.Would he realised?
I bought some books on happiness for him to read and even wrote a beautiful poem for him to show that I really cared for him.I prayed to God it would give some positive effects.One cloudy morning,my dad said he wanted to drive the car to town.He said he wanted to go somewhere.Mom refused to let him do so.If he wanted to go,we would follow.Somehow,Dad managed to convinced us that he’s all right and wanted to be alone to solve things out.He promised he would come back.But…he went out and never came back.Both of us were worried.Mom had to take a cab to town and searched for Dad.
I stayed at home to wait and I was really afraid.What if he do it again?I recalled the hurtful words Dad said to me.Die….I dare not think.Minutes later,a motorcycle stopped in front of my house and he handed me Dad’s driving licence.He told me Dad commited suicide by jumping from a hotel’s window.I was terribly shocked!And Dad died on the spot.I broke down and cried as loudly as I can.How could he do this to me..and Mom?He promised!!!!
I had lost my beloved Daddy.I’m never going to be with him anymore.Mom couldn’t accept the loss of Daddy and kept asking me “Dad is still alive,right? I didn’t know what to say as I myself found it hard to believe as well.What’s going to happen next?My heart was broken into a million pieces.I could only closed my eyes as I resembled the sweet memories we had together….

some part of this story is based on my life experience, many things happened that even words couldn't tell....


0 comments: